Learn about this website and how we collect and protect personal information
- How Epicor uses the Personal Data you share with us and that we learn about you because of our relationship when you use the Site.
- What Personal Data, if any, Epicor may share about you and the conditions we use to protect your Personal Data if it must be shared that has been collected through the Site.
- How to exercise your data subject rights, in particular to request access or changes to or deletion of Personal Data that we receive about you through the Site as well as how to exercise other rights in connection with your Personal Data.
- Other things you should know about privacy and Epicor.
“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Collected Data and Usage
Strictly necessary cookies are necessary to provide the Website to you. We use such cookies without your prior consent.
Epicor collects and uses Personal Data from you in several ways and for the purposes listed below. We only use your Personal Data as described below:
Directly from You through Site Forms. We receive the Personal Data you submit to us (e.g., name, address, telephone number, email address, and location) so we can complete a requested transaction and respond to your requests.
Improve our Products and Services. When you provide us with feedback and other information through the Site about our products and services, we use it for developing, enhancing, and improving our products and services.
Commerce and Product Support. You may be asked to share Personal Data such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address when you make purchases, seek customer or technical support or otherwise interact with Epicor through the Site. When you buy directly from Epicor, Epicor and its vendors and suppliers who facilitate the purchase and delivery of products and services use this Personal Data to complete the transaction. Epicor shares Personal Data with its vendors and suppliers to complete transactions. Epicor has agreements in place with its vendors and suppliers to limit their use of the Personal Data to completing the transaction and performing services for Epicor. You may also interact directly with and provide Personal Data directly to Epicor’s vendors and suppliers when you purchase Epicor products and services or seek customer or technical support. In these circumstances, the vendors and suppliers collect and use your Personal Data subject to their privacy policies and will share Personal Data with us to complete the transaction.
Product Registration. Epicor allows customers to register products online or through similar ways. We request Personal Data, such as your name, address, email, and telephone number. Epicor receives this Personal Data and other product-related information in such submissions, and Epicor will use it to complete the registration.
You may opt out from receiving marketing-related communications by either clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of marketing-related emails we send you or by clicking here. We will process opt-out requests without undue delay.
Psuedonymisation and Anonymisation
When Epicor Shares Collected Data
- Epicor Subsidiaries, Affiliates, Vendors, and Suppliers. Epicor works with many affiliated third parties, vendors, distributors, and suppliers. We will provide Personal Data to them to the extent it is necessary for them to provide their products and services to us and to you. Epicor may also sometimes permit our authorized service providers to have access to aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related Site or Application information. These transfers of aggregate statistics do not involve Personal Data.
- Recruitment and Job Applications. We receive Personal Data through the Site and from service providers supporting on the online job website when you apply for employment through the Site. The Personal Data includes the information contained on a resume or curriculum vitae and the information you otherwise provide to us. With your prior consent, we keep your information on file for future employment consideration, even if you are not selected for the particular job you applied for. As discussed below, we have operations around the world and we may consider you for employment in locations around the world. For this reason, our recruiting and employment departments around the world will have access to the Personal Data you submit with your job application. You consent to this transfer of Personal Data outside of the EEA when you submit your Personal Data for employment consideration.
- Enabling Services on the Site. Epicor offers a variety of services and functions through its Site (“Epicor Services”). Personal Data that is collected through the Site will be used and/or disclosed to third parties in order to enable us to provide Epicor Services. For example, the Epicor Site allows you to interface with a third-party website. To facilitate that connection, we may use your Personal Data and/or disclose your Personal Data to the third party operating the website.
- Public Areas. Any information disclosed in public areas of the Site (such as by using Facebook, YouTube or Twitter functionality, etc.) will become public information. We do not control the use by others of information disclosed in public forums on the Site, such as forums, bulletin boards, blogs, chat rooms, and networking functions of mobile-device applications. You should exercise caution when disclosing information in these public areas, and be careful how you disclose your Personal Data.
- As Required by Law and Other Extraordinary Disclosures. Epicor may be required to disclose your Personal Data if it: (i) believes in its sole judgment that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (such as a court order, subpoena, search warrant, etc.) or other legal requirements of any governmental authority, (ii) would potentially mitigate our liability in an actual or potential lawsuit, (iii) is otherwise necessary to protect our rights or property, or (iv) is necessary to protect the legal rights or property of others.
Epicor maintains appropriate organizational and technical measures for the protection of the security, confidentiality, and integrity of Personal Data from unauthorised or unlawful access, accidental loss, destruction, damage, misuse, disclosure and alteration. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure, therefore, we cannot ensure the security of any information you send to us and you do so at your own risk. If Epicor learns of a security system’s breach, we will comply with all applicable law to notify you about the breach so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Epicor may post a notice on the Site if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser or mobile device enabling you to view the Site. Epicor may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances or communicate with you by other means if we can. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Accuracy of Personal Data and your Individual Rights
While we take various steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of your Personal Data, we rely upon you to provide accurate and complete Personal Data when interacting with us. All persons in the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation whose Personal Data is being processed by Epicor have the legal right to request: (i) access, (ii) rectification (iii) erasure, (iv) restriction of processing, (v) object to processing, and/or (vi) data portability of their Personal Data. Any such requests should be submitted using the Individual Rights Request Form.
How long we keep your Personal Data
We consider several factors to determine how long we keep Personal Data. We consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. Once we no longer have a need for your Personal Data, we will securely destroy it in accordance with our standards and applicable laws and regulations.
Links to Third-Party Sites and Co-Branded Sites
Where Personal Data Is Used and Stored
You understand that when Personal Data is collected through the Site, we will transfer it within Epicor to the United States and other locations around the world. The United States and other jurisdictions may not provide data protection or privacy laws equivalent to the laws of your country, however, we put appropriate measures in place to protect your personal information, such as EU Standard Contractual Clauses. You may contact us at [email address], to request a copy of the safeguards we have in place.
Enforcement and More Information
When Epicor receives formal written inquiries or complaints, Epicor will contact the individual regarding his/her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the handling of Personal Data that cannot be resolved between Epicor and an individual.
Epicor Software Corporation
Las Cimas II- 807 Las Cimas Parkway, Suite 400
Austin, Texas 78746
Attention: Legal Department
You may also contact our Data Privacy Officer by postal mail or email anytime.
Epicor Software Corporation
Attention: Data Privacy Officer
6 Arlington Square West
Bracknell RG12 1PU